Dead Island Character Breakdown And Strategy: Purna

Share And Comment

PURNA

BIOS:

Purna is a former officer of the Sydney Police department. After losing her career when she killed a child molester who could not be touched legally because of his wealth and connections, Purna then turned to working as a bodyguard for VIPs in dangerous places all over the world.

She is hired not just for her skills but her looks as wealthy men did not mind showing up with Purna on their arm…

Playing As Purna

Don’t let her looks fool you, she’s tough as nails, battle hardened, and knows how to use a gun like you wouldn’t believe. Purna fills the role of both group support (in the form of buffs) and  ranged damage.  Unlike our machete flinging friend Logan, Purna loves the smell of gunpowder, and her idea of ranged combat is sending hot lead down range at her rotting foes. When enemies get too close, Purna doesn’t mind getting a little blood on her kicks. In fact, she has several talents dealing with the kick attack.

My experience with Purna has been a good one, and will probably be a good one for you as well provided you enjoy using firearms in the game. Purna’s talents solve the problems of both limited ammo and limited space to carry that ammo, all the while making that ammo go further by increasing her damage with firearms. Not only that, Purna has talents that allow her to make more ammo at the bench, and find more ammo from drops.  In short she’s a bullet factory.

Being that most of Purna’s skills are based heavily on firearms, it obviously more efficient for you to focus your resources on upgrading and modding your guns, rather than spending your valuable and limited resources on melee weapons. I’m not saying you won’t need to use the occasional melee attack here, but you will benefit more from a powered up assault rifle than a chainsaw. “There’s a chainsaw in Dead Island?” Yes, but that’s a whole nother story.

Guns, guns, and more guns! If your happy with her other weapon talents, you’ll also be happy to hear that Purna’s rage ability is… you guessed it.. a gun. Using Purna’s fury will cause her to whip out her trusty sidearm, in this case a beautiful revolver, allowing you to blast away at your enemies from a distance. Now that’s surviving comfortably!

Not only does she have an excellent offense, you can really be a team player in Dead Island with Purna by getting her aura talents and skills such as attack formation. I mean seriously… who wouldn’t want to group with Purna? This is one of the reasons she may soon be my favorite. If you’re looking to bash zombie brains in with a baseball bat look elsewhere, but if you like showering your undead enemies in a proverbial bullet storm, she may be the girl for you. Below is a complete list of all Purna’s talents.

Fury Skill Tree

Guardian
With this skill, you can draw your sidearm and go on a rampage. Additionally you will get +10% damage, +10% critical hit chance, 15% stamina cost and +26 health bonus.
Attack Formation
It increases damage dealt by you and your team when Fury is active.
Level 1: +5% damage
Level 2: +10% damage
Level 3: +15% damage
Inspiring Kick
More rage when you finish a zombie with a kick.
Level 1: +15% rage
Level 2: +30% rage
Level 3: +45% rage
Grim Inspiration
Kill with modified weapons and gain more rage.
Level 1: +10% rage
Level 2: +20% rage
Level 3: +30% rage
Guardian Spirit
Makes your Fury active for longer period. It also allows you finish off two enemies at once and gives you bonus in these stats: +20% damage, +20% critical hit chance, 30% stamina cost, +50% health gain, +50% stamina gain +10 rage.
Fiery Spirit
Burn Bayb Burn! Set zombies on fire with your fury skill.
Level 1: +5% chance
Level 2: +10% chance
Level 3: +15% chance
Volatile
It decreases the amount of rage required to activate Fury.
Level 1: 5% rage
Level 2: 10% rage
Level 3: 15% rage
Righteous Fire
When you kill zombies with firearms, it will yield more rage.
Level 1: +10% rage
Level 2: +20% rage
Level 3: +30% rage
Guardian Angel
It extends time Fury remains active and allows you to take out three enemies at once. Additionally, it upgrades these stats: +30% damage, +30% critical hit chance, 45% stamina cost, +100% health gain, +100% stamina gain +20% rage.

Combat Skill Tree


Blade Fighter
Sharp weapons are more effective, and gives you more 10% sharp stamina cost, +1% critical hit chance and +5% damage for head trauma.
Hard Knocks
This skill increases all melee damage.
Level 1: +5% damage
Level 2: +10% damage
Level 3: +15% damage
Vampire
Whenever you kill, you will get stamina boost.
Level 1: +10% stamina
Level 2: +20% stamina
Level 3: +30% stamina
Randori
 What the hell is Randori? I dunno, but your stamina cost gets decreased when fighting hordes of zombies.
Level 1: 10% stamina
Level 2: 20% stamina
Level 3: 30% stamina
Kick of Strength
Get stamina boost when you kill with Kicks.
Level 1: +10% stamina
Level 2: +20% stamina
Level 3: +30% stamina
Gender Wars
It increases damage when you kill a zombie of opposite sex.
Level 1: +5% damage
Level 2: +10% damage
Level 3: +15% damage
Custom Maintenance
Increases durability of your melee weapons.
Level 1: +10% durability
Level 2: +20% durability
Level 3: +30% durability
Firearms Training
Boosts these stats: -10% reload time, +2% critical hit chance, +10% accuracy and:10% recoil
Cold Rage
Every kill increases a chance of landing a critical hit.
Level 1: +4% chance
Level 2: +8% chance
Level 3: +12% chance
Executor
Increases your chances of a critical hit with firearms.
Level 1: +1% chance
Level 2: +2% chance
Level 3: +3% chance
Elemental Affinity
It Increases the duration of all elemental attacks.
Level 1: +20% duration
Level 2: +40% duration
Level 3: +60% duration
Piercing Shots
It Increases your chances of bullet penetration.
Level 1: +10% chance
Level 2: +20% chance
Level 3: +30% chance
Rapid Fire
Decreases your reload time
Level 1: 10%% reload time
Level 2: 20% reload time
Level 3: 30% reload time
Wunderwaffe
Increase all damage dealt with modified firearms.
Level 1: +10% damage
Level 2: +20% damage
Level 3: +30% damage
Gun Kata
Boosts your firearm stats: -20% reload time, +3% critical hit chance, +20% accuracy, -20% recoil.

Survival Skill Tree

Boost Mood
 Increases skills related to damage, force, handling and durability by 15% for all members inside the aura. Aura range is 5 metres. It’s also been known to increase the amount of friends you have.
Deeper Pockets
Let’s you carry more items in your inventory.
Level 1: +2 slots
Level 2: +4 slots
Level 3: +6 slots
Pick Lock
You can pick locks! All the best loot is found in boxes… just saying.
Level 1: Open level 1 boxes
Level 2: Open level 2 boxes
Level 3: Open all locked boxes
Optimal Maintenance
Reduces repair cost.
Level 1: -10% cost
Level 2: -20% cost
Level 3: -30% cost
Conditioning
Stamina booster.
Level 1: +5% stamina
Level 2: +10% stamina
Level 3: +15% stamina
Glory Hound
Increases XP for all the kills and assists you take.
Level 1: +50% XP
Level 2: +100% XP
Level 3: +150% XP
Custom Maintenance
Increases durability of your upgraded weapons.
Level 1: +10% durability
Level 2: +20% durability
Level 3: +30% durability
Boost Ambiance
Increases skills related to damage, handling and durability by 20% for all members inside the aura. Aura range is 10 metres. Make even more friends!
Recovery
It increases chance of not being interrupted after being hit when you are attacking.
Level 1: +20% chance
Level 2: +40% chance
Level 3: +60% chance
Recycling
Increase your bullet yield at workbenches.
Level 1: +25% more
Level 2: +50% more
Level 3: +75% more
Providence
Find more ammo in loot.
Level 1: +20% found
Level 2: +40% found
Level 3: +60% found
Jackpot
Increased chance to find rare items when looting.
Level 1: +5% chance
Level 2: +10% chance
Level 3: +15% chance
Rain of Bullets
This just sounds like a must have….each Level in Rain of Bullets will increase your capacity of carry bullet rounds in given weapon: +10 pistol rounds +10 rifle rounds +5 shotgun rounds.
Second Chance
Increased chance of getting instant revival after death. Instant revival? Sign me up!
Level 1: +10% chance
Level 2: +20% chance
Level 3: +30% chance
Boost Aura
It increases skill related to damage, force, handling and durability by 25% for all members inside the aura. Aura range is 15 metres. This is how you make alot of friends.
Share And Comment
Devin Bell

Devin Bell

I'm all out of bubble gum.