Rockstar Games finally made it official and announced that the long rumored Red Dead Redemption: Game of the Year Edition will be released in North America on October 11, 2011, and October 14, 2011, internationally for the PS3 and Xbox 360. Red Dead Redemption: Game of the Year Edition will include the full, original Red Dead Redemption game; all free and paid downloadable content packs released to date, including the wildly popular Undead Nightmare single- and multiplayer offerings; and all bonus content. I think that this is a heck of a lot of stuff in a GOTY edition but I still feel like its about $10 too much. The comprehensive package includes:
- Original Red Dead Redemption game with a brand-new hardcore single-player mode
- Undead Nightmare single-player campaign and multiplayer modes
- Legends and Killers Pack, featuring additional multiplayer map locations, multiplayer characters, and the Tomahawk projectile weapon
- Liars and Cheats Pack, including the Stronghold multiplayer competitive mode, Free Roam gambling games, multiplayer horse races with combat, and the Explosive Rifle.
- Hunting and Trading Outfits Pack, featuring two outfits with corresponding gameplay challenges for John Marston
- Outlaws To The End Co-Op Mission Pack, including six co-op missions for up to four players
- All original pre-order content, including the Deadly Assassin Outfit, War Horse, and Golden Guns Weapon Pack
- Solomon’s Folly single-player gang hideout and challenges available for the first time on Xbox 360
- Just-released Myths and Mavericks Bonus Pack, featuring fan-favorite multiplayer characters and all-new locations to battle in.
Red Dead Redemption: Game of the Year Edition will be available at retail stores in North America beginning October 11, 2011 for $49.99.