Guerrilla just announced it will be releasing a new patch for Killzone 3 in only 2 days. After looking over the changes, I must say I’m happy with most if not all of them. A few of my own personal gripes have been fixed, in particular the StA-2 battle pistol.
If you’ve used the StA-2 battle pistol before, then you know it pretty much sucks because it doesn’t do that much damage, it takes forever to detonate, and it’s just not practical. I like the concept of the gun but it just doesn’t have the amount of power a weapon with that amount of reload time and small ammo capacity should have, so I feel like they made the right decision in making changes to it.
Another nice feature, especially if you haven’t level capped yet, is the added point bonus for completing mission objectives. I think this not only benefits you personally, but people may be more inclined to quit jumping around in mechs and actually go do something productive. The exact increase wasn’t specified, but anything that stirs up the campers to go participate is a good thing in my opinion.
The marksman is one of my favorite classes, maybe my favorite, but possibly second to the engineer. I’m not sure if I like the changes to the scramble ability or not yet, and I don’t think I will know for sure until I mess around with it a bit. I see advantages and disadvantages for it, mainly when your going solo scramble can give your position away, so I can see an advantage for turning it off sometimes.This could be a disadvantage as well, let’s say you are sniping and your scramble is on cool down, cloaked or not your going to show up on the mini map, additionally you won’t be able to constantly mask your squads gunfire or keep them from the view of clever tacticians constantly. I’m kind of on the fence about this one.
Another thing to note is the reduced wait time both, before and after matches. I personally thought it was a little long, but not so bad that it takes away from my gaming experience. Basically that means is, less time waiting and more time playing, sounds good to me. Below is a list of all the changes being made.
- Changed Marksman’s scramble ability into an active ability – The marksman scramble ability now needs to be activated and deactivated via the d-pad, and has a cooldown period.
- Increased tracking response for engineer turrets – The turn speed of turrets has been increased, allowing them to track players more easily.
- Increased armor for engineer turrets (30%) – Turrets can still be destroyed by a single explosion from a grenade or missile launcher.
- Improved StA-2 Battle Pistol – Detonation time for the StA-2 Battle Pistol’s grenade is shorter, and the damage it deals is more severe.
- Added realtime projector to MP15 Radec Academy – A realtime projector has been added to the theater room, projecting onto the large wall with two doors.
- Toned down overly enthusiastic death screams – Aieeeeaaargh!
- Increased mission points in Warzone – There is more of an incentive to go after mission objectives now.
- Doubled cooldown time on mortars – Cooldown time was increased from 30 to 60 seconds to avoid spamming the Search & Destroy mission area.
- Fixed tournaments not ending as soon as one clan leaves.
- Fixed clans being able to rejoin games that were already finished – Clans used these exploits to boost their game wins and climb the leaderboards.
- Reduced wait time at end of the round – The wait time was brought down from 60 to 45 seconds.
- Reduced pre-game wait time at end of the round – The wait time was brought down from 30 to 20 seconds.
- Added menu option to disable Sixaxis-only actions – Sixaxis-only actions can now be switched off in the menu, so players only have to press ‘O’ to start an action. This will make Killzone 3 more accessible to disabled players.
- Added map name to spawn screen – The map name can be seen in the top left, under the titles.
Are you happy with the changes? Leave a comment and let us know.