Everyone knows that every game gets patched from time to time, and thank God for that, and this week Call Of Duty: Black Ops drops an update for PS3 that fixes a good cross section of issues. At roughly 63mb, this patch is pretty hefty, but features some new playlists for the Black Ops dedicated to check out.
The first of the new playlists is called “Express”, which features a 30 second lobby timer and only smaller game maps. (Awesome, no wait, lots of killing things and blowing stuff up..check.) This mode will also include no game modes with respawn timers, no Second Chance and no Ghost. (Those who have been playing on Xbox have seen the new playlists with no Second Chance and/or Ghost for a while now and has definitely added another element to game play.) The second new playlist is called “DLC Moshpit” and will allow gamers to play on only DLC maps and finally “DLC Hardcore Moshpit” will feature only the DLC maps using hardcore game modes.
The patch changes include:
- Addressed an issue with attack dogs causing them to “warp” under rare circumstances.
- Fixed an exploit allowing players to purchased locked classified weapons
- Fixed an exploit that allowed players to get above 15th Prestige using Combat Training/Player Match menus.
- Improvements to spawn system.
- Addressed some bugs with Custom Game Settings for CTF related to Touch Return Disabled
- Players can now select other clan tag colors besides red/white if they are unlocked.
- Addressed an exploit where players were resetting their Winstreak and Killstreak stats.
- Fixed exploit earning XP in local split screen.
- When the Circle button is set with “enter” functionality, it now works properly on the Challenges menu.
Boot up the PS3 and get this patch, looks like lots of good updates are packed in there.