Here is the best news I think we can deliver today for HTC Droid Incredible owners on Verizon Wireless. The Android 2.3 Gingerbread update will come to your device, and may start as soon as tomorrow. Thankfully, those idiots who wrote the letter from HTC are wrong. Verizon Wireless already has the support documents up, and they have detailed exactly what’s in store:
- MMS messages send correctly
- Properly save audio files from MMS messages
- Successfully play audio files from a message
- Send Vcard through a SMS message
- Internet connection via Bluetooth now enabled
- VZ Navigator now operates over Wifi
- Change songs in the music widget by tapping the forward button
- Camera now functions successfully without inserting SD card
Sources have pointed the rollout of the update to begin tomorrow with about 10,000 updates, and be followed on Wednesday with 50,000. By the end of Friday, everyone should have received the notification. Though this timeline has not been confirmed by Verizon Wireless, I’m happy to know that Droid Incredible owners will get what was promised.
As always, once the update hits your device, come back and let us know how good or bad it is. For more information, check out the source link below.