The Android 2.3 Gingerbread update is locked, loaded, and ready to roll out to waiting HTC Inspire 4G owners on AT&T. It’s really nothing left to do, but wait for the over-the-air signal to your phone, check for it manually (Home>Menu>Settings> AT&T Software Update > HTC Wi-Fi software update > Check now), or do like I would, download the update and manually install it. Below you’ll find snippets from HTC’s support site, as well as their link to download all 269 MB of Gingerbread for the HTC Inspire 4G. Be sure to come back and let us know how well the update went, and if you love it. Cheers!
This system update includes:
- Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread
- New HTC Sense™ features
- Updated Application Tray features
- Updated FriendStream™ features
- Added Quick Settings in the Notifications window
- Improved Power Management function
- Improved media experience
- Various minor bug fixes
Download -HTC Inspire 4G Android 2.3 Gingerbread – Link
Instructions For Manual ROM Installation
- Download and save the HTC Inspire 4G™ for AT&T Gingerbread ROM update to your PC.
- Connect your device to your PC via the supplied USB cable. NOTE: You must have HTC Sync installed on your PC in order to run the update.
- On the Connect To PC pop-up on your device, select HTC Sync.
- Once connected to HTC Sync, locate the HTC Inspire 4G™ for AT&T ROM Update that you downloaded and double-click on the file to launch the system update wizard.
- Follow all of the system update wizard instructions shown on your PC.
- Once the update is complete, click Finish in the Wizard and the device will reboot.
- Once the device reboots, the initial setup wizard will appear.
- Once the initial setup process is complete, the device is ready for use.
Manual system update instructions:
NOTE: Performing the system update manually will delete all information from the device. Ensure all information is backed up before proceeding. Information saved on the microSD card will not be affected.