Today AOL announced the launch of their free daily magazine, Editions, which will be an exclusive for the iPad. Editions, which is available today in the App Store, “is tailored to the unique interests of each of its users in an easy to read format.” David Temkin, Head of Mobile at AOL, stated that, “Our goal for Editions was to take the best of the online and offline reading experiences and fuse them into a single, sleek magazine unlike anything else that exists today. By combining custom features with technology that learns about you as you use it, Editions delivers a magazine every day that’s full of the things you care about most.”
Editions is a smart magazine application in every regard. Using a set of algorithms, the application is able to adjust to what you like and don’t like, allowing for a customizable experience. Small things such as when you receive the daily magazine are selected from your input. Some of the other features are:
- A total of 15 topic sections to choose from, including Design, Tech, Business, Family, Health & Fitness, Sports, Entertainment and Travel
- The ability to edit each section to include your favorite companies, teams, celebrities, sources etc.
- Localized news and weather – for large cities and small towns alike – as well as hyper-local content sources
- A built-in calendar that syncs with Facebook and iCal to display important events, meetings and birthdays
- Adjustable font sizes and color options
- Option to save an article for later, or share it by email, Facebook or Twitter
For more information and to download Editions by AOL, visit the iTunes App Store.