Fans of 70’s movie inspired art, killing zombies and swearing will be in their element today as Sega have released the box art for their forthcoming Wii port, The House of the Dead: Overkill.
Looking nice, isn’t it? The game itself looks set to use a lot of that expensive kit you have been hoarding as well, with support for multiple Move controllers, the Sharpshooter and also 3D, for those 6 of you with an expensive enough TV to enjoy it on. Can we come round and play it at your house? Mike Kebby of SEGA predictably enough says ‘The PS3 is the perfect home for an arcade shooter like OVERKILL. With the Move Motion Controller support and the 3D TV mode, we’re really making this the best in the series so far.’ Given the previous pedigree isn’t exactly stellar that may not seem like too much of a tough order, but HOTD: Overkill looks genuinely decent and went down a storm on Wii a couple of years back.
For completions sake here is the full list of PS3 exclusive features that you can look forward to when the game launches just before Halloween;
• PlayStation Move and Sharp Shooter compatible
• OVERKILL fully remastered – available in high definition graphics and stereoscopic 3D for the first time ever
• Extended with two additional levels not in the original game
• Exclusive crossbow weapon
• New baby mutant type
• New Hardcore mode – mutants can only be killed with headshots
• New Classic mode – play through the entire game using only the AMS Magnum
• Exclusive missing reel – an extended boss fight with “Mother” in “OVERKILL”, the game’s final level
• Online leaderboards to track high scores and stats
• Collectibles to grab throughout all levels to unlock bonus materials; comic pages, music tracks, 3D models and 2D artwork
• New PlayStation trophies to unlock
• Improved boss fights in all levels
• New and improved cut-scenes using motion capture