Once again you have to show your appreciation to the Android community that’s always bringing you the latest updates ASAP. So what’s new? Well, HTC Thunderbolt users that are rooted can now have the latest Gingerbread test build on their device. After applying the update, users will have Android 2.3.4, as well as an update for HTC Sense. Before we list out the instructions and downloads, we have to say this “Make sure you are comfortable and knowledgeable on flashing your device before proceeding.” Inexperienced, and some experienced users, have damaged their devices doing this procedure. That said, check out the instructions and download below.
- Download both the ROM (0ba18ca101a0295df37bba36b562d210)and the radio(52dd83aa40e30186c9fbefafd1bab534).
- Rename PG05IMG_gingerradio.zip to PG05IMG.zip and drop it onto the root of your SD Card.
- Put mecha_gingerjane.zip onto the root of your SD Card
- Boot into recovery
- Do a Nandroid Backup!
- Perform a factory reset
- Flash mecha_gingerjane.zip, DO NOT REBOOT
- Using ADB, reboot to bootloader
- adb shell
- reboot bootloader
- If in fastboot mode, switch to bootloader mode and allow the updated radios to flash.
*Note: If the zip you downloaded from above is version 1.2, you’ll also have to flash this file to fix activation.
*Note 2: There is a good chance that your camera will not work after flashing this.
Continued support and fixes can be found at this XDA thread.