It’s really nothing worse than waiting on a delayed update, only to find out after applying it that the problems it was supposed to fix are still there. Moreover, it’s even worse to receive the update and have new problems arise that were not there before. If what we’re hearing from a lot of you stands accurate, this is exactly what is going on with the HTC Thunderbolt software update that has rolled out today.
Let’s make sure we remember what this update should have brought:
- Enhanced data connectivity when accessing the Verizon 3G network
- SMS and MMS messages are stored properly in the Messaging
- Application (Inbox, Sent, etc.).
- Timing for device activation has been improved.
- “Backup Assistant” is correctly displayed in the Application menu.
- Stability improvements for data centric applications such as
- Facebook, KAYAK, Yahoo! Mail, My Verizon and more.
- Accurate location is displayed when accessing the Weather Widget
- Quickly load GPS updates for Google Maps and VZ Navigator™.
Now that we’ve had that refresh, we have to ask, “Has Your HTC Thunderbolt Been Remedied? Or “Are You Experiencing The Same/More Problems? From the looks of multiple reports from Thunderbolt users, GPS and Messaging are still suffering from the same issues. Additionally, multiple users are stating that their phones are experiencing random reboots? WTF? Has it been that bad for you? What about 3G? Better yet, have you received the over-the-air update already? Hopefully everything is going perfectly for you. If so, let us know. If not, hit up the comments and let us know what problems you are experiencing!