One thing for sure I know we all don’t like about announced updates, is waiting on them. For those new to the matter, an update for the Nexus One is being pushed out over-the-air (OTA). Now I have to admit, the Nexus One is one of those devices that is lucky enough to get updates faster than every other device. That said, you still have to wait some amount of time.
Fortunately, the guys over at Android Central have made life a little easier for all of the Nexus One owners who want the update now – as in right now. So head on down and check out the instructions and get the update to your phone. Be sure to come back and let us know how much you love your new added features and benefits.
- Download the update from here.
- Rename the file to update.zip. Note that if you’re using Windows, just rename it to “update” (no quotes, of course) because it’s already a zipped file.
- Copy the update.zip file onto your microSD card.
- With your Nexus One off, hold down the trackball and press the power button.
- You’ll be booted into a white screen with three Android robots on skateboards. Select “Bootloader.”
- On the next screen, select “Recovery.”
- Your phone will reboot, giving you a picture of the Android robot and an exclamation point inside a triangle.
- Now press the power button and volume up button at the same time. It could take a couple of tries.
- Now (using the trackball this time) choose “Apply sdcard:update.zip” and let things run their course.
As always with any update you perform manually, use caution to avoid damaging your device.