The first screenshots of Saints Row: The Third feature a skydiving shootout, a massive tank battle on the streets of Steelport, and a showdown with a heavily-armed Mexican wrestling gang, yeah we said it a Mexican wrestling gang. These screenshots are absolutely outrageous, you have to see them for yourself. The concept art gives us our first look at Steelport, a city of sin under control of the Syndicate, a global criminal organization whose latest enterprise is nothing less than the eradication of the Third Street Saints. The character art shows us all the major players on the Steelport scene, we will let you try to guess who’s who by reading the descriptions and looking at the photos.
Below is a list of who those players are and what their role will be.
- Phillipe Loren: the cold, calculating leader of the Syndicate.
- Zimos: an old-school pimp who hates Morningstar and what they’ve done to pimping, mostly because they ran him out of business and pimping ain’t easy.
- Killbane: leader of the Luchadores Mexican wrestling gang that has cornered the gambling trade in Steelport.
- Angel de la Muerte: Killbane’s former tag-team partner. The relationship did not end well.
- Matt Miller: leader of the Deckers and specialist in high-tech cybercrime
If you haven’t been paying that much attention to this game let us recap it for you. Years after taking Stilwater for their own, the Third Street Saints have evolved from street gang to household brand name, with Saints sneakers, Saints energy drinks and Johnny Gat bobble head dolls all available at a store near you. The Saints are kings of Stilwater, but their celebrity status has not gone unnoticed. The Syndicate, a legendary criminal fraternity with pawns in play all over the globe, has turned its eye on the Saints and demands tribute. Refusing to kneel to the Syndicate, you take the fight to Steelport, a once-proud metropolis reduced to a struggling city of sin under Syndicate control. Take a tank skydiving, call in a satellite-targeted airstrike on a Mexican wrestling gang, and defend yourself against a highly-trained military force using only a sex toy in the most outlandish gameplay scenarios ever seen, igniting a city-wide war that will set Steelport on fire.