Several years after the end of Risen, humanity is pushed to the brink of existence and one of the only safe havens is Caldera, a city located on the peninsula of the Lost Realm. However, even this sanctuary is threatened by the world at chaos, as monstrous sea monsters cause shipments of vital supplies to come to a grinding halt. The hero, upon discovering a rumor that the pirates of the Southern islands know of a way to banish the creatures of the deep, journeys to infiltrate their ranks and attempt to acquire this knowledge in time to save Caldera from imminent peril. Right now the trailer looks a whole hell of a lot more impressive than the released screens but CGI always does. In any case it’s quite entertaining.
- Risen 2 features a unique, tropical fantasy setting in an open world complete with firearms, dirty tricks and a brand new situationally appropriate magic style.
- The game includes completely overhauled, sophisticated tech providing vastly improved high-res texturing, brand new weather, water and light/shadow effects, a fully revamped character animation system and an exhaustive NPC character model design which greatly reduces the chance of “clone” NPCs.
- One of the most intense, immersive game worlds ever created, Risen 2 intends to fully envelop its players in its world with a full day/night cycle, dynamic weather patterns, NPCs with daily routines who react based on your behavior, and even creature AI with routine behaviors such as scavenging and sleeping that are impacted by the time of day.
- Risen 2 allows players to shape their game experience and even the game world itself depending on their actions and choices. Every decision made has a consequence – it may change the character’s skillset, NPC relationships, or even potential questlines.
- Several unique islands, all lovingly designed by hand with no copy and paste set pieces, encourage exploration and adventure while the player hunts for secret treasures and hidden areas.
Risen 2 is scheduled to be released on PS3, Xbox 360, and PC.