Best Buy and HTC today announced the exclusive launch of the highly-anticipated Wi-Fi only version of the HTC Flyer tablet. All Best Buy and Best Buy Mobile standalone stores, as well as BestBuy.com, will have the tablet when it launches this spring.
The HTC Flyer features a strong aluminum unibody case that is lighter than an average paperback book. It will also feature integration of with both HTC Sense and HTC Scribe technology. An optional HTC Scribe digital pen unlocks HTC Scribe technology, which enables the ability to capture and annotate any on-screen content with notes and drawings. Also, with Timemark, handwritten notes taken with the digital pen are synchronized with audio, as well as the popular Evernote application, turning handwritten notes into true meeting minutes. The HTC Flyer also features front and rear cameras for use during video calls using a variety of available video chat applications available in the Android Market.
Other key features of the HTC Flyer include:
- Integration/compatibility with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth® 3.0
- 7″ 1024×600 display with multi-touch capability and an optional digital pen that enables users to take synchronized notes and annotate content
- Built-in dual microphones for noise reduction
- Android™ operating system
- Adobe® Flash® 10.1 support
- 5 MP Color CMOS camera with auto focus
- 1.3MP front camera for video chatting
- 16GB eMMC memory plus microSD card slot
- 4,000 mAh battery
What do you think guys, not a bad tablet huh?