Sprint announced that they will bring the Nexus S 4G from Google to their customers. Coming to Sprint this spring, it will also be able to take advantage of the unprecedented controls and services enabled by Google Voice integration built into the Sprint Network. The Nexus S 4G will run Android 2.3, Gingerbread, the fastest version of Android available for smartphones. It is powered by a 1GHz Samsung application processor that produces rich 3D-like graphics, faster upload and download times, and supports HD-like multimedia content along with a dedicated Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) to make playing mobile games, browsing the Web, and watching videos a fast, fluid and smooth experience. This should be slick folks.
It will also feature Samsung’s Super AMOLED touchscreen technology providing a premium viewing experience. The 4-inch Contour Display features a curved design for a more comfortable look and feel in the user’s hand or along the side of the face. It also offers a screen that is bright with higher color contrast, meaning colors are incredibly vibrant and text is crisp at any size and produces less glare. Sprint Nexus S 4G customers will be among the first to receive Android software upgrades and new Google mobile apps. In many cases, the device will get the updates and new apps as soon as they are available. So if you want updates as soon as they come out, look for the Nexus S 4G to be your phone of choice
Nexus S 4G will also features a 5 megapixel rear-facing camera and camcorder and front-facing VGA camera. In addition, Nexus S 4G features a gyroscope sensor to provide a smooth, fluid gaming experience when the user tilts the device up or down or pans the phone to the left or right.
- 3G/4G Mobile Hotspot capability, supporting up to six Wi-Fi enabled devices simultaneously
- Android Market™ for access to more than 150,000 applications, widgets and games available for download to customize the experience
- Google mobile services such as Google Search™, Gmail™, Google Maps™ with Navigation, syncing with Google Calendar™, Voice Actions and YouTube™
- Corporate email (Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync®), personal (POP & IMAP) email and instant messaging
- Near Field Communication (NFC) technology, which allows the device to read information from everyday objects, like stickers and posters embedded with NFC chips
- 16GB Internal Memory (ROM)/512MB (RAM)
- Wi-Fi® – 802.11 b/g/n
- Bluetooth® 2.1 + EDR
- Integrated GPS
- 1500 mAh Lithium-ion battery
Nexus S 4G from Google will be available exclusively from Sprint this spring for $199.99 with a new two-year service agreement or eligible upgrade.