We finally have a release date for Deus Ex: Human Revolution and while its not as soon as we would like it’s not that far away either. Square Enix has just announced Deus Ex: Human Revolution will be available at North American retailers on August 23, 2011. Telling the story of Adam Jensen, a man cybernetically augmented against his choice who finds himself in the middle of a global conspiracy to which he holds the key, Deus Ex: Human Revolution is set in a near-future world where humanity is at a turning point. By offering players the chance to play the game in multiple and vastly different ways, Deus Ex: Human Revolution challenges the foundations of gaming and provides an immersive experience where every choice has a lasting consequence.
Deus Ex: Human Revolution will have an Augmented Edition that boasts features such as the same exclusive mission as the Explosive Mission Pack, 10,000 extra credits to buy or upgrade weapons, plus a Huntsman Silverback Double-Barrel Shotgun, the SERSR Longsword Whisperhead silenced sniper rifle, the Linebacker G-87 multiple shot grenade launcher, and an Automatic Unlocking Device and the M-28 Utility Remote-Detonated Explosive Device (UR-DED). The Augmented Edition also contains an exclusive bonus DVD featuring a 44- minute “making of” special, game soundtrack, motion-comic (adapted from DC’s official series), the E3 trailer and animated storyboard, and a 40-page art book.
Preorders are available today and include exclusive rewards to enhance the game play experience, including weapons, upgrades, bonus mission and credits.
- A legend reborn: DEUS EX® makes its much‐anticipated return delivering players an unmatched gaming experience
- Ultimate fusion of action and role-play: A unique combination of action-packed close-quarter takedowns and intense shooting, offering a vast array of augmentations and upgrades for the many weapons at your disposal
- Multi-solution structure: Choose how to accomplish each mission using combat, hacking, stealth or social mode to create a customized experience to suit any gaming style.
- Choice and consequence: Live in a reactive world in which a multitude of approaches, paths, and tools are at the player’s disposal- each choice resulting in a consequence that affects the game dynamics and story
- Diverse customization: Engage in combat and challenges utilizing deep, specialized character augmentations and weapon upgrades
- Unique visual design: Become immersed in a Cyber Renaissance setting that masterfully blends near future and Renaissance era styles
- Explore the world: Traverse numerous locales across the globe — each with its own distinct art direction — in Adam’s search to uncover a worldwide conspiracy
The Explosive Mission Pack
Exclusively at GameStop e/ stores
- An entirely new Mission
- Special Grenade Launcher
- M-28 Utility Remote-Detonated Explosive Device (UR-DED)
- Automatic Unlocking Device
Tactical Enhancement Pack
Offered at participating retailers
- Huntsman Silverback Double-Barrel Shotgun
- Longsword Whisperhead Silenced Sniper Rifle
- Damage weapon upgrade
- Reload speed weapon upgrade
- 10,000 extra credits
Deus Ex: Human Revolution will be available at North American retailers at a suggested retail price of $59.99 for the Standard Edition and $69.99 for the Augmented Edition.