Earlier this week we reported that it looked like an upcoming patch for Mass Effect 2 (read our Mass Effect 2 review) had accidentally revealed info about upcoming DLC. Bioware has since confirmed that there will indeed be DLC content released that wraps up the events of Mass Effect 2, making things nice and clean for Mass Effect 3. But before we get too far ahead of ourselves, let’s get back to what is happening in this latest update.
Bioware has just published the release notes for this patch, v1.01 and while Mass Effect 2 was already an awesome game this update looks like it has done something that not many patches seem to really ever do and that’s actually improve the overall gameplay experience.
- Fixed a crash related to memory fragmentation. This fix will also resolve the crashing that corrupted Save Games.
- Slightly improved load times and level streaming.
- Added some telemetry to better improve future titles.
- Updated some strings to fix spelling mistakes (Sorry Kaidan!)
- Fixed the picture frame in Shepard’s Cabin to accurately reflect your love interest choices in Mass Effect: Genesis.
- Fixed a rare crash in the PSN version in Shepard’s Cabin.
So far we have tons of our readers reporting that the several minor glitches have been resolved and that the game plays even smoother than before, particularly noting improved load times which I won’t lie were a tad bit long but for the awesome gameplay experience you can hardly complain. As we noted in the title, this patch should also resolve the issue with game files becoming corrupted after extended play sessions and if you never experienced it then you can be happy that you won’t ever have to. As a PS Plus member, it got automatically downloaded for me, what do you guys think about the new patch?
[source link=”http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/292/index/6127719/4″]Bioware Forums[/source]