Sony Ericsson today announced that it’s new Xperia PLAY (a.k.a the PlayStation Phone), the world’s first PlayStation Certified smartphone, will be available on the Verizon Wireless Network in the Spring 2011.
The Xperia PLAY is powered by the latest version of the Android platform (Gingerbread version 2.3). Xperia PLAY will provide a best-in-class gaming experience right out of the box with many of the most popular games pre-loaded, including Asphalt Adrenaline 6, Bruce Lee, Star Battalion, The Sims 3, and Tetris. More than 50 additional titles from top franchises at leading game publishers will be available for purchase at launch.
Sony Ericsson Xperia(TM) PLAY Key Features:
- PlayStation Certified gaming experience
- Latest version of the Android platform (Gingerbread version 2.3)
- 60fps play-back enabled through the Snapdragon 1Ghz processor, optimized
- with enhanced graphical processor unit the Adreno 205
- Dedicated gaming controls for real console quality game play, including
- four-way directional keys, recognizable ABCD keys with PlayStation
- iconography, left/right shoulder keys and two analog touch inputs for
- joystick action
- 4-inch brilliant multi-touch display
- 5.0 megapixel camera
Facebook users can enter the First2Play contest and could be one of the first 10 people to get the Xperia PLAY by visiting http://www.facebook.com/SEUSA. Who’s going to pick this up, I mean by phone standards it’s not a bad phone, the camera is a little weak but not a bad phone.