It’s been confirmed that the HTC EVO 4G is having a maintenance update (3.70.651.1) pushed out today, as in right now. This update is bringing several additions and upgrades. Most notable is the addition of Swype and the popular video game from Gameloft, NOVA. For those who love to read, you’ll also be getting the Kindle eReader. Check out the full list of upgrades and additions. By the way, this update is not the Android 2.3 Gingerbread update.
- Blockbuster (including WM DRM 10)
- Kindle eReader
- Preloaded try/buy video game: NOVA from Gameloft
- Sprint Zone update
- Latest Telenav
- Latest VVM App
- Latest Sprint TV app
- SWYPE Keyboard
- Scan Now Widget for 4G (does not need to be available on any panel, just a widget option users could find and use).
For those, who like me, are kind of impatient when it come to these updates, Android Central has posted some manual update instructions. Check them out below:
1. Download the update from this link. or go to the Direct Download Link Here
2. Rename it to update.zip (but be sure not to rename it update.zip.zip). Save it to your Evo’s microSD card.
3. Time to reboot into recovery mode. Turn the phone off. Then hold the volume down button, and press the power button. You should boot to a white screen with three Android guys on skateboards.
4. Use the volume button to select RECOVERY, and press the power button again. The Evo will now reboot into recovery. You should see a render of a phone, with a red triangle and exclamation point.
5. Hold the volume up button and press the power button. Choose applysdcard:update.zip. Let it do its thing.
So whenever you are finish updating, come back and let us know what you think of the changes in our comments.