Kindle is the most gifted item in the history of Amazon.com. Beginning today, customers can give Kindle Books as gifts to anyone with an e-mail address–no Kindle required. Kindle Books can be read on Kindle devices and free Kindle reading apps for iPad, iPod touch, iPhone, Mac, PC, BlackBerry and Android-based devices. This is actually a really great idea, now only if I could do this for PlayStation Plus memberships for my peeps (hint Sony)
To give a Kindle Book as a gift, customers simply choose a book in the Kindle Store, select “Give as a Gift” and send their gift to anyone with an email address. Notifications of Kindle Books gifts are delivered instantly via e-mail and the recipient redeems the gift in the Kindle Store to read on any Kindle or free Kindle app.
If you can’t think of any good books here are some of Amazon editors’ picks for the best books of the year:
1. “The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks” by Rebecca Skloot
2. “Faithful Place: A Novel” by Tana French
3. “Matterhorn: A Novel of the Vietnam War” by Karl Marlantes
4. “Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption” by Laura Hillenbrand
5. “The Warmth of Other Suns: The Epic Story of America’s Great Migration” by Isabel Wilkerson
6. “Freedom: A Novel” by Jonathan Franzen
7. “The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest” by Stieg Larsson
8. “To the End of the Land” by David Grossman
9. “Just Kids” by Patti Smith
10. “The Big Short: Inside the Doomsday Machine” by Michael Lewis
For more information or to give a Kindle Book as a gift, go to www.amazon.com/givekindlebooks.