Splashtop Inc has announced the availability of Splashtop Remote Desktop for iPhone and iPod touch. The application connects your iPhone or iPod touch to your Windows PC for a seamless remote desktop experience. Splashtop Remote Desktop for iPhone and iPod touch lets users watch movies, listen to music, or access any other Windows files and programs, including full web browsers with Flash, right from the mobile device. The new application works over a Wi-Fi network, giving users easy access to PC content from any room of the house or office. To receive connections using Splashtop Remote, your computer needs to be running Windows 7, Vista, XP, or Mac OS X 10.6 (beta), have at least 1 GB of RAM, and a 1.6 GHz or faster dual-core CPU.
With Splashtop Remote Desktop, users can use their iPhone or iPod touch to:
- See and control your Windows PC like you are directly in front of it
- Access all Windows files and programs including Microsoft Office without having to sync files
- Watch videos (including Flash) and listen to music (streaming or from your library)
- Connect to multiple PCs with the same iPhone or iPod touch app
- Interact with any Windows application using intuitive controls like touch, pinch and zoom
Splashtop Remote works on:
- iPad – all versions
- iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS – with iOS4.0 or later
- iPod touch – 3nd generation or later with iOS4.1 or later
*You also need a Wi-Fi connection for your iPad or iPhone.
To learn more about Splashtop Remote, please visit: http://www.SplashtopRemote.com