The Motorola Droid 2, as reported by many, has started receiving an over-the-air (OTA) update targeted at a number of improvements and enhancements. With this update, you’ll be able to add pictures from your gallery to a contact, and export contacts to a SD card. You will also notice VZ Navigator preloaded. Check out the full list of improvements and enhancements below:
- Improved battery life.
- Heightened proximity sensor accuracy to enable faster screen response.
- View the Weather widget in both landscape and portrait orientation.
- Simpler setup, improved user interactions, and better notifications for Visual Voice Mail.
- Background Email Sync during display inactivity for better user experience.
- Support for email domain suffixes containing more than three characters.
- Keep text messages organized with chronological in-box screen.
- Edit text messages after you’ve inserted a video file.
- Improved audio sound during recorded video playbacks.
- Stream Guided Tour videos on device in Help Center application with ease.
- Faster location tracking during GPS navigation.
This should be a welcomed update for most users that address some problems and provide better solutions to some tasks. In case you did not know, the Droid 2 is equipped with a feature, Blur, which allows you to pull your updates. On your phone just press, go to About>System Updates page. So once you get your update, be sure to come back and let us know what you think of the updates. Check out the images below, as well as the Verizon source link. Have Fun!