It appears that Motorola has not forgotten about the issues revolving around the latest Android update (Froyo 2.2) for the Droid X. On their support site, they have listed out several of the complaints users have been experiencing. And if you’re wondering, it’s also stated that improvements, along with a numbers of fixes “will be distributed in a future software release.”
While there is no set date for that release, they are stating that they “need your help” in understanding “the issues owners are seeing, and how widespread they are.” So head on down and read the complete discussion from Motorola Support. BTW, hit up our comments and lets us know, if you are experiencing one or more of these problems!
If you have already upgraded to 2.2 for Droid X, you have found some new capabilities. Unfortunately, some owners also found new issues. Here are some of the known issues raised by forums members, with some information about each. It is not intended to be a complete list at this time — there are many more fixes and improvements in the works. I’ll update this list as information becomes available.
- Stuck on Moto logo after reboot – this was tough on a few owners. Very sorry about that. A fix has been developed for this and should eliminate the problem. It will be distributed in a future software release. If you are still experiencing this issue, click here.
- Random rebooting – while there always seem to be new conditions that can cause an electronic device to panic, we do have improvements coming that address and eliminate identified panic states. They will be distributed in a future software release.
- WiFi connection and stability – improvements in WiFi have been developed, to address several problem areas. They will be distributed in a future software release.
- Battery Manager “force close” errors – under some circumstances, pressing the battery icon under Menu > Settings > Battery Manager results in a forced close error. A fix has been developed for this and should eliminate the problem. It will be distributed in a future software release.
- Media won’t play – includes “sorry the player does not support this type of audio file,” custom ringtone stop working, video won’t play, etc., until after a reboot. We believe we have identified the cause of these errors. A fix has been developed for this and should eliminate the problem. It will be distributed in a future software release.
- Music files cutting off the final four seconds or so – a solution has been developed. It will be distributed in a future software release.
At this time I don’t have information about when the next software update will be available — when I have it, I’ll share it here.
We need your help to make sure we understand the issues owners are seeing, and how widespread they are. We’re always looking for owners willing to help us with research. If you have not already, please consider becoming a member of the Motorola Feedback Network. Click here to check it out.