The third title update for Madden NFL 11 is out and available. As always the majority of the fixes and updates are based on feedback from the Madden NFL community. For this update, the team focused primarily on improving gameplay, online, and general game stability & improvements.
- Tuned play action blocking to be more effective.
- Tuned kick return blocking to be more effective.
- Tuned injuries to occur in more realistic percentages.
- Tuned GameFlow play calling logic, including lesser chances of same / similar plays being called concurrently.
- Tuned general defensive effectiveness, including locomotion improvements for defenders and miscellaneous pass coverage improvements
- Fixed QB spy ‘nano-blitz’ exploit.
- Fixed an issue in online team play that allowed defensive captains to force offensive captains in to a no-huddle situation
- Fixed crash bug that was introduced that could occur for some PS3 gamers that were using “My Skill” setting.
- Fixed bug that didn’t allow gamers to invite friends to ranked games. Now this is 100% allowed.
- Added new alternate uniforms for Colts and Patriots.
- Corrected a feedback issue related to stat tracking when a player quit during the first half of an online game
- Fixed an issue in Madden Moments LIVE related to stat tracking for those who used the “Play Again” option after completing the game.
- Added multiple stability fixes across a variety of game modes.
If nothing else, you have to commend the Madden NFL team for really paying attention to their customers and making the delivery of Madden an ongoing operation and not just feeling like there job is over once they deliver the game disc. These days games are so complex that no matter how much quality control you have in place, you just can’t anticipate everything, luckily in today’s world of software updates they can and do go back and improve on the core gameplay experience.