Arc System Works and Zen United have announced a brand new character who will join the ever expanding BlazBlue universe. Valkenhayn R Hellsing will be available to download for BlazBlue: Continuum Shift when it is released this October on the PlayStation 3. Valkenhayn R Hellsing is the most hotly anticipated of BlazBlue’s downloadable characters – bringing a whole new fighting style to BlazBlue’s diverse and critically acclaimed roster of combatants.
Valkenhayn’s features include:
- Valkenhayn, previously a non-playable character in the BlazBlue story mode as Rachel Alucard’s butler, now joins the fray as a playable fighter.
- The key to his fighting style is a Drive ability that allows him to transform into a werewolf at the touch of a button.
- His human form gives him range, but greatly reduced speed.
- His wolf form makes him fast, powerful and agile – allowing him to close distances almost instantaneously.
- Valkenhayn is unable to block in Wolf form and reverts to human form if damaged.
- A regenerating wolf Gauge allows Valkenhayn to transform into a wolf at will as long as the gauge is not exhausted.
- Although predominantly a close range character, using Valkenhayn’s speed and agility, advanced players will be able to dominate all sectors of the screen.
- The DLC will also include brand new Tutorials and Challenge mode for Valkenhayn.
Valkenhayn R Hellsing will be available alongside previously announced DLC character Makoto Nanaya when BlazBlue Continuum Shift launches this October.