Not so fast Samsung – you’re not the only one ready to challenge Apple’s iPad. If sources are correct, RIM “could unveil its new tablet computer—as well as the operating system that will power it—as early as next week at a developers’ conference in San Francisco.” It was also noted that the BlackPad would be released sometime in the 4th quarter of this year. This would undoubtedly set RIM up for a potential showdown with Samsung on holiday sales.
So what can you expect? Here’s what sources have indicated:
- 7” tablet
- One or two cameras
- Bluetooth and broadband connections,
- Cellular connections via a BlackBerry Smartphone
- No carrier or retailers on board yet
- New OS built by QNX Software Systems
- Manufactured by Quanta Computer Inc. of Taiwan, running on Marvell Technology Groups chips
The release of the BlackPad, or whatever RIM decides to call their tablet, is not a question. The only thing we are waiting on now is when? When will it be announced? And when will it be available? So hit up our comments and let us know what you think about the “BlackPad”?