So its not like we didn’t know this already but now its official. All four carriers have put out press releases officially confirming that the Samsung Galaxy Tab will indeed be coming to their networks later this year. The T-Mobile one was a bit of a surprise as originally only the other three were reportedly getting the Tab.
We won’t bore you with the details of each release because they all pretty much said the same thing but let’s hit you with details on the Samsung Galaxy Tab. The Samsung Galaxy Tab comes equipped with a brilliant 7-inch touch screen and a 1GHz Cortex A8 Hummingbird Application processor, the Galaxy Tab will provide customers with a robust HTML Web browsing experience. Each carrier has plans to to debut the tablet with an assortment of customized applications.
- Enhanced TFT display with WSVGA resolution – Offers brighter colors and clearer pictures and delivers 1024 x 600 resolution.
- Rear-facing, 3MP camera and camcorder – AutoFocus captures DVD quality video
- Front-facing, 1.3-megapixel camera and camcorder – Enables video chat (Wi-Fi only) with other people who have video conferencing capabilities (applications available in Android Market(TM)).
- Corporate Email – Supports Android 2.2 Exchange ActiveSync e-mail to synchronize corporate e-mail, contacts and calendars from office e-mail accounts
- Wi-Fi connectivity (802.11 b/g/n) and 3G Mobile Hotspot support
- Built-in 2 GB internal memory with 16 GB pre-installed microSD expandable to 32 GB
- 4,000 mAh Battery
- Ultra thin and weighing less than a pound
- Samsung Social Hub – Built around messaging, contacts and calendar sync, which allows users to send and receive daily activities, whether it is e-mail, social network updates or SMS messages
- Customizable touch screen menu with drag-and-drop widgets
Sorry guys no word yet on price point from any of the carriers. Now that its official and available on three different carriers, who’s getting one?