The Samsung Epic 4G will be receiving an over-the-air update today. Heck, as I’m writing you may be receiving yours, some people have already received it. This update will enable Samsung Media Hub, and fix a few bugs with the device. This comes just hours before Samsung Live Event, in which the Samsung Media Hub is expected to be unveiled, along with more information on the Samsung Galaxy Tab. As for all of the other bug fixes, check them out below:
- Optimized, HotSpot in 3G idle mode to help conserve battery power
- Optimized, Applied Qualcomm patch for performance enhancement
- Added, Media Hub
- Modified, WiMAX exit delay
- Modified, UI “Noisey” One to “Noisy One”
- Fixed, 32GB mSD card is not recongized when formatted in device
- Fixed, When playing video, the playback is paused if a headset is connected/disconnected
- Fixed, Sorry popup when DRM file is selected in the Gallery
- Fixed, Hotspot registration/deregistration
So hit up our comments and let us know if you’ve received the updates, and if you are noticing improvements with your Epic device.
UPDATE: Old update not to be confused with Android 2.2 Froyo – Froyo rolls out at 9PM on February 21st.