Get ready for a whole new war! DICE’s massively popular online shooter Battlefield: Bad Company 2 makes the journey back to the 60’s and the infamous Vietnam conflict.
The Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam digital expansion pack takes all of the intensity, action and addictive gameplay of Battlefield: Bad Company 2 and ups the ante with enhanced persistence, 15 classic Vietnam-era weapons and six vehicles.
The expansion pack introduces four distinct and brand new multiplayer maps based on the Vietnam War. Each map brings a new gameplay experience with elements such as foxholes, tunnels and dense jungles from where the enemy can launch surprise attacks.
All four multiplayer game modes from Battlefield: Bad Company 2, including the genre-defining Conquest Mode, will also be playable in Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam. The expansion is integrated with the full game persistence, so no matter what theatre of war players are in, they will continue to level up.
To set that unmistakable 60’s atmosphere, the audio team at DICE has recorded all-new voice-overs for both sides of the conflict, based on authentic dialogue from the Vietnam war. On top of this, a rocking soundtrack with 2 hours worth of era specific tracks gives the expansion a truly characteristic sound
- Four Brand New Maps. Four distinct Vietnam-based maps each bring a fresh visual and gameplay experience.
- Six Immortalized Vehicles. Skim the treetops in the iconic American Huey helicopter. Drive the sturdy Russian T54 tank and the nimble US PBR “Pibber” patrol boat, plus three more vehicles immortalized in the Vietnam War.
- 15 Characteristic Weapons. Players charge into battle with 15 new weapons modeled on their real life counter-parts, including the rare Navy SEAL XM22 machinegun and the characteristic M79 “Blooper” Grenade Launcher.
- Rocking 60’s Soundtrack. Listen to eight radio channels in-game, featuring 49 era specific tracks, including “Ride of the Valkyries” and “Fortunate Son” by CCR.
- True War Dialogue. All-new voiceovers for both American and Vietnamese forces, based on authentic communication from the Vietnam war for maximum immersion.
- New Achievements/Trophies. Players collect 10 new achievements/trophies, one being to blow up Vietnamese propaganda speakers. Earn new weapon proficiency stars specific to your skills with the weapons in the expansion.
[flashvideo file=http://zoknowsgaming.com/wp-content/uploads/flv/bfbc2vietnam.flv ageGate=”17″ /]
Publisher: Electronic Arts
Developer: EA Digital Illusions CE AB
Street Date: Winter 2010
Category: First Person Shooter
Platforms: PC, XboxTM360, PlayStation®3