T-Mobile USA has officially announced the T-Mobile G2, the carrier’s first smartphone with 4G speeds on their HSPA+ network. While this comes as no surprise for most of us, it’s good to finally get it from T-Mobile. All specs are pretty much the same as what was leaked: 3.7-inch screen with a full QWERTY keyboard, Android 2.2, Snapdragon MSM7230 – 800 MHz CPU, and 720P Video.
Additional features of the G2 include the following:
- Dedicated Quick Keys for one-touch access to your favorite Google shortcuts and applications
- Adobe FlashPlayer enabled Web browsing experience
- Pinch and zoom functionality for Web browsing and photo gallery
- 4GB internal memory with pre-installed 8GB micro SD card, with support for up to 32 GB of external memory
- Built-in 3.5mm headphone jack, stereo headset and Bluetooth support
- Swype® text input for fast, accurate communication
As far as availability, the press release states, “The T-Mobile G2 with Google will be available in the U.S. exclusively from T-Mobile, and current T-Mobile customers will have the opportunity to preorder the G2 in limited quantities later this month. Additional availability details will be shared in the coming weeks. Visit http://g2.t-mobile.com to register for updates.”
If you want to get this device we suggest registering for the updates, due to the “limited quanitites” statement. For the full press release, click on the link below.