PENTAX Imaging Systems Division has announced a new digital SLR line with color accents that allow owners to choose one that matches their personal style. The colorful PENTAX K-r DSLR camera offers advanced features at an attractive price. This camera is not for the hobbyist, it’s definitely an enthusiast item.
The K-r offers a variety of new and improved features including a fast framerate, high ISO sensitivity, responsive autofocus, an improved 12.4 megapixel low-noise sensor and widescreen HD video capture that take it a step above an entry-level DSLR camera.
New PENTAX K-r features include:
- Three stylish color choices include traditional black, the new classic white, and PENTAX red reflect any owner’s personal style.
- Large 3-inch LCD with 921,000 dots of resolution.
- Faster high-speed 6 FPS framerate that captures 25 images in a single sequence.
- A maximum 1/6000 second shutter speed.
- Viewfinder focus point indicator.
- Improved in-camera HDR image capture including a Night Scene HDR mode.
- High sensitivity 100-25600 ISO range with improved noise performance from the new 12.4 megapixel CMOS sensor.
- Versatile dual-power-source design, which offers the choice of either a rechargeable lithium-ion battery or four AA-size battery power (using optional AA Battery Holder D-BH109).
- Infrared data transfer compatible with the IrSimple™ high-speed infrared data transmission system for wireless data transfer to the web or other IrSimple-compatible devices (includes a match-game between two PENTAX K-r’s).
The PENTAX K-r digital SLR will ship in October 2010 as follows:
|K-r Body Kit||$799.95 USD|
|K-r Lens Kit w 18-55||$849.95 USD|
|K-r Double Lens Kit w 18-55, 50-200||$899.95 USD|
|K-r Double Lens Kit w 18-55, 55-300||$999.95 USD|
That’s it folks, what do you think? Who’s buying one?