AMD has introduced the newest member of the ATI FirePro™ family, the ATI FirePro™ V9800 – the most powerful professional graphics card AMD has ever created, featuring support for up to six monitors with ATI Eyefinity technology. With the launch of the FirePro V9800, the FirePro family – which also includes the ATI FirePro V8800, ATI FirePro V7800, ATI FirePro V5800, ATI FirePro V4800 and ATI FirePro V3800 – will offer digital content creation (DCC), computer aided design (CAD) and visualization specialists advanced features and high performance at every price point. If you are doing any kind of graphics intensive work then you will love this new family of graphics cards.
“We’ve tested it, and without doubt, the FirePro V9800 is fast, very fast,” said Dr. Johannes Friebe, sales director at Schneider Digital. “Just one card can hold the complete graphic data in only one frame buffer and allows us to drive six monitors without the need for a sync card.”
ATI FirePro V9800 truly showcases the advanced performance and high-end features available to users of FirePro™ professional graphics products in this generation. With an estimated retail price of US$3,499, the ATI FirePro V9800 offers unparalleled performance for the price.
- ATI Eyefinity Technology: With six Mini DisplayPort outputs, the ATI FirePro V9800 allows for seamless, plug-and-play multi-monitor use – the first professional graphics solution to offer six independent monitor outputs from a single graphics card. Ideal for users who want to maximize their work environment for increased productivity, ATI Eyefinity technology can provide an expansive desktop resolution of up to 5760 x 2160 to enable more efficient multitasking and improve visualization applications.1
- 4GB GDDR5 Memory: Featuring the largest shipping frame buffer available from AMD in any consumer or professional graphics product, 4GB of GDDR5 memory offers industry leading performance and unmatched visual quality. This feature will be particularly valuable for customers in industries with large volume data sets, such as medical and oil & gas, and in animation and compositing.
- Breakthrough Performance: The ATI FirePro V9800 features significant performance increases over the previous generation of FirePro products, including 1.25x increased compute stream processor performance, and an increase of 2.27x in single- and double-precision performance. The ATI FirePro V9800 is optimized for stream calculations with full support for OpenCL™, DirectCompute, and DirectX® 11.
- Real World Performance: Partners have shared with AMD their experiences with the ATI FirePro V9800, and have noted that the V9800 can result in improved performance in 3D rendering software, animation and compositing and the realization of large-scale video walls and high-definition multi-screen operation. Powered by 1,600 stream processors – the industry’s highest number – the ATI FirePro V9800 is ideal for computationally or visually intensive applications.
- 3D Stereo and Synchronization: Like the other products in the ATI FirePro family, the ATI FirePro V9800 offers comprehensive support for stereo 3D capability, supporting active shutter glasses via the on-board 3-pin connector, as well as passive and auto-stereoscopic displays and projectors. Additionally, with support for the ATI FirePro S400 synchronization module, up to four ATI FirePro V9800 graphics cards can be synchronized (genlock, framelock), delivering up to 24 synchronized outputs from a single computer – a breakthrough in display density for demanding powerwall and video wall applications.