Good news Droid users who are a fan of star wars. The boot animation that’s coming on the Droid 2 R2-D2 is available to download for both rooted and non-rooted users . This boot animation should work on all Droid devices. So if you want this download, check out the instructions below. Also, to see it in action, click on the Youtube link below and let us know what you think about it. Looks …different to me!
*For both rooted and non-rooted users. Separate instructions though.
*Should work on almost any phone, Droid 1 and Droid X for sure.
Instructions (rooted users):
1. Download the bootanimation.zip file from above to your SD card.
2. Open Root Explorer and copy the file to /data/local.
3. Reboot your phone and enjoy your new boot animation.
Instructions (non-rooted users):
*You will need the Android SDK installed to do this. Instructions here.
1. Download the bootanimation.zip file from above to your PC.
2. Move the file into your android-skd/tools folder.
3. Make sure nothing is selected and hold SHIFT+right click inside your tools folder.
4. Choose “open command window here.”
5. Type in the following commands:
adb push bootanimation.zip /data/local
6. Your phone will reboot with your new boot animation.
And if you are feeling super saucy this morning, here is an audio file which reportedly works during boot, yet I can’t for the life of me get to work. Actually, almost no one can get it to work. Let us know if you do!