Today AT&T and Sony Ericsson announced Sony’s new flagship Android smartphone – the Xperia X10. Not that this phone came as a surprise to any of us (techies), it’s just good to finally have them announce the device with a price (149.99 with AT&T Plan or $129.99 both with a 2 year contract) and availability date (August 15, 2010).
So what’s packed into “Smarter”? Here is list of some of the specifications:
- 4” WVGA Screen
- 8.1 MP Camera (face and smile detection)
- Face Detection (definitely worth mentioning again)
- Android 1.6 OS (rumored, hopefully it’s at least Android 2.1)
- Qualcomm QSD8250 1 GHz Snapdragon Processor
- 8 GB of on-board memory, 2 GB memory card included, 32 GB Expandable
- Available in Black or White
We all know that Sony had the opportunity to build Google’s flagship device, Nexus One, but rejected it. Was it smart to reject that idea for the X10? I guess we will see. Check out the link below for the full press release. Also, don’t forget to lets us know what you think in the comments section about the Xperia X10.