The most brutal off-road racing festival is back, and this time Evolution Studios are bringing the extreme MotorStorm festival to a major metropolitan city ravaged by a gigantic earthquake. Exclusively for the PS3, MotorStorm: Apocalypse brings back the signature MotorStorm racing madness but this time the racers must deal with the unpredictability of a crumbling urban environment. Filled with unstable skyscrapers, fiery subway tunnels, twisting bridges, and collapsing buildings, the almost completely abandoned city offers the perfect playground for MotorStorm’s electric brand of brutal street racing. With tremors and aftershocks continuing to hit the city in real-time, players will be faced with making quick decisions in a landscape on the verge of total devastation. Welcome to the apocalypse. Presently MotorStorm: Apocalypse has no set release date.
- Choose and customize vehicles from no less than 12 classes with supercars, muscle cars, superbikes, choppers and more now added to the legendary mix of MotorStorm classics.
- Take part in more than 40 unique races, with tracks changing in each track playthrough.
- Survive staggering and epic real-time destruction effects – everything from machine gun fire to rocket attacks to earthquakes happening around you as you race.
- With 3D support, immerse yourself in the race as you experience every crash and explosion in stereoscopic glory on your 3DTV.
- Battle friends with 4-player split-screen, or take 4-player split-screen online for even more racing mayhem.
- Online features including intense 16-player online racing, sharing custom car designs with friends, and creating and sharing totally new game experiences with the incredible Game Mode Creator.
As a general rule I have never particularly liked racing games but since I have an unhealthy obsession with everything apocalypse and post-apocalypse related this game really appeals to me. In a way it does seem to share similarities with Split/Second with the destruction of huge landscape pieces falling down all around you. Though I can’t say it with absolute confidence MotorStorm: Apocalypse does look to be shaping up as a great racing game. When it does get a release I will definitely be having a go. Let us know what you think.