Polyphony Digital brings the award-winning Gran Turismo to the PS3 in the first complete installment of the fan-favorite series on the console. Developed exclusively for PS3 Gran Turismo 5 brings the world’s most realistic and comprehensive driving experience to fans in one of the most highly anticipated games of all time. Consistently setting the bar in terms of quality of design and physics technology with every product release, Gran Turismo 5 on PS3 is no exception and aims to set new standards in terms of graphics, presentation, and gameplay. Currently the release date for Gran Turismo is to be announced.
- For the first time vehicles will show real-time damage and wear that reflect on the players treatment of the car.
- Additional realistic graphics including tire smoke, sparks from vehicle rollovers and dirt accumulation.
- A new vehicle physics engine to replace the one from GT5: Prologue, making the action more realistic than ever.
- PS Eye camera features that include face tracking for looking around the interior of vehicles while in the interior dash view.
- More than 1000 licensed cars, including cars representing global racing organisations such as NASCAR, World Rally Championship, Super GT and more.
- More than 20 tracks with more than 70 variations featuring famous world circuits and real city locales.
- Arcade mode lets players experience GT5 alone or with a friend in split-screen 2-player mode.
- Return of fan-favourite career mode, with a full world map, licensed car dealerships, tuning and body shops, and car washes.
- Compete in franchise mainstays like point-based Championship Race series.
- Hone your skills with Licence Tests.
- GT TV gives access to online motorsport video programming (HD and SD) through PSN.
- A Photo Mode and Photo Album to capture your greatest GT moments which can be shared online.
- Create custom soundtracks to play in-game from music stored on PS3.
- Online racing allows for 16 players at once in public racing, or 32 players per lobby in privately hosted races.
- Car transfers from GT PSP and GT5: Prologue for use in Arcade Mode.