From developers NetherRealm Studios comes a new Mortal Kombat game, as it finally makes its debut on the PS3. Renowned for defining the mature game category, Mortal Kombat makes a triumphant return to its violent roots in the fastest and most brutal installment to date. Fighting game players will receive the Mortal Kombat they’ve been asking for, with fatalities presented in more detail than ever before. Currently Mortal Kombat has no specific release date but will hit stores sometime next year.
After centuries of Mortal Kombat, Emperor Shao Kahn has finally defeated Raiden and his allies. Faced with extinction, Raiden has one last chance to save Earthrealm. To undo the Emperor’s victory, he must strike Shao Kahn where he is vulnerable… in the Past.
- A Mature Presentation: Mortal Kombat gives the fans what they’re demanded with the original violent fatalities making a triumphant return in graphic detail never before possible made reality with the most sophisticated graphics engine in MK history.
- Brand New Gameplay: MK introduces an all new fighting mechanic that is both accessible and in-depth with a return to its classic 2D fighting plane, mature presentation and up to 4-player tag team combat.
- A Deep Story Mode – MK offers the deepest story mode of any fighting game. With the introduction of time travel players are given the opportunity to return to the original MK tournament to alter the past in order to save the future.
- Graphics & Technology – Mortal Kombat has never looked this good as in this next generation iteration. Characters, environments and fatalities are presesented with as much gory detail as possible, from internal organs to the most realistic blood effects yet.
- Additional New Game Modes – MK introduces Co-op Arcade mode and many additional modes to be announced in the coming months.