Square Enix announced today that it is partnering with Obsidian Entertainment® on Dungeon Siege 3. With input from the original developer, Gas Powered Games®, Obsidian Entertainment will develop the next incarnation of the Dungeon Siege franchise with Square Enix as the game’s publisher. Coming for the first time to high-def home video game consoles, Dungeon Siege 3 will be available for the PlayStation®3 as well as all other major consoles and PC. I gotta admit that I am not a huge RPG fan, but even I had to take notice of this one. We are talking about Square Enix the makers of the epic Final Fantasy franchise teaming up with the guys at Obsidian who just made a masterpiece of an action RPG in its own right, Alpha Protocol. Those two together and this should be epic on a whole other level.
Dungeon Siege 3 will bring together the beloved aspects of the Dungeon Siege franchise with Obsidian Entertainment’s expertise, to create an evolved action-RPG experience. In addition to its arrival on high-def consoles for the first time, the game will also feature an all-new co-op multiplayer mode.
Originally created by Chris Taylor and his critically-acclaimed studio Gas Powered Games, Taylor will serve as an advisor during the development of the game.
In Dungeon Siege 3, the delicate balance of power between the kingdom of Ehb’s powerful factions has fallen apart. As one of the few remaining members of the disgraced protectors of the land, the 10th Legion, it is up to you to rebuild the once great Legion and stop Ehb from falling into darkness. Joined by a group of unique companions, you will travel through the striking land of Ehb defeating all manner of villains and beasts through a combination of heroic abilities, screen shaking magic and fearsome weapons.
- For the first time, play DUNGEON SIEGE on high-def consoles
- Players will be able to adventure by themselves or with friends in co-op multiplayer
- Uncover a deep story that only Square Enix and Obsidian Entertainment can deliver
- Pick from unique and highly customizable character classes with a wide range of abilities to choose from
- Recruit companions with unique personalities, abilities and views on the world around them
- Players will have weighty decisions to make that will impact their alliances, enemies and the culmination of the story