2K Games has announced the Mafia II Collector’s Edition for the PlayStation 3. Available in limited quantities across select North American retailers and internationally, all three versions of the Mafia II Collector’s Edition will contain both physical and digital elements that further enhance the epic mobster crime drama experience. 2K Games is also excited to announce a partnership in North America with GameStop, Amazon, Best Buy and Wal-Mart.com to provide incentives, including free downloadable content or gift cards, to customers who pre-order Mafia II through those retailers.
In addition to a copy of the highly anticipated Mafia II game, the Mafia II Collector’s Edition will contain the following content:
- Collectible SteelBook Casing: Brushed metallic SteelBook hard case with debossed logo containing two pieces of art featuring Vito and Joe, the stars of Mafia II.
- Made Man Pack: Free access to in-game downloadable pack that lets players get behind the wheel of two different luxury automobiles modeled after cars from the period. In addition, Vito will look the part with two new “made man” suits, including a vintage tux.
- Hardcover Art Book: Get to know the families of Empire Bay with a 100-page photo album-style art book that takes fans through the artistic design process of the game.
- Mafia II Orchestral Soundtrack: Immerse yourself in Empire Bay’s symphonic masterpiece with the Mafia II score recorded by the Prague Philharmonic Orchestra on CD.
- Map of Empire Bay: Get familiar with the neighborhoods and own the streets with a high quality, tear-resistant map depicting the 10 square miles of Empire Bay and all the hangout spots.
“The first Mafia title was a critical success, and we are excited to deliver an epic sequel to fans of the game and of Mafia entertainment”, said Christoph Hartmann, president, 2K. “By offering a Collector’s Edition, special pre-order incentives and downloadable content for Mafia II, we are able to show our appreciation for those guys wise enough to reserve their copies early”.