This one has been a long time in the making, but come next Tuesday, the wait will be over. Time for Natural Motion to put up or shut up.Setting a new standard in football video games, Backbreaker for Xbox 360™ and PLAYSTATION®3 is an unmatched on‐field football experience from the minute players pick up the controller. Boasting realistic, physics‐based AI with an endless variety of unique sacks and tackles, Backbreaker makes canned animations a last‐season memory. With crisp, high‐definition graphics and a third‐person camera angle that follows the perspective of the ball handler, Backbreaker puts players in the heart of the action.
Backbreaker also boasts online play and reintroduces local split‐screen ‘versus’ modes. With total team customization, players can create their own rosters and adjust their team’s colors, logos and more. Going on the offense from kickoff to end zone, Backbreaker is how football was meant to be played on next‐genconsoles. Players can hit the gridiron with Backbreaker for Xbox 360™ and PLAYSTATION®3 on June 1, 2010.
- Jump Straight Into Action: Backbreaker offers intuitive controls for new and experienced gamers to get into the heart of the game, quickly and easily
- Feel the Explosive, Hard‐Hitting Tackles: Gone are the days of rigid, canned animations. NaturalMotion’s euphoria engine delivers high quality, hard‐hitting, true‐to‐life action, giving players an unparalleled experience on the gridiron
- Look Through the One‐of‐a‐kind Camera View: Backbreaker’s camera system has been designed to complement the controls, with techniques such as shake and dynamic field‐of‐view changes that give the game its distinct ‘on‐the‐field’ feel, aiding the player by dynamically framing the action
- Break out from the Pack: Backbreaker redefines standard football games with intuitive plays, an endless variety of unique tackles and outcomes based on actual in‐game collisions
- Throw the Pigskin Online: Challenge other Backbreaker players in full‐on 11 vs 11 football, or showboat your way through Tackle Alley competitions
Publisher: 505 Games
Platforms: Xbox 360™ and PLAYSTATION®3
Release Date: June 1, 2010
ESRB Rating: E for Everyone