Glad to see one of my favorite titles of last year back for a second installment. If you read the site often you remember that I called this one as a big sleeper last year before anyone. The only thing that concerns me is the only thing that concerns me about any annual title and that is that that they will stop innovating and start making simple presentational improvements and small gameplay changes, but we will see.
THQ and Zuffa have announced the first gameplay details surrounding UFC® Undisputed™ 2010, the follow-up to the critically and commercially acclaimed debut videogame based on the Ultimate Fighting Championship®. Poised to deliver intelligent and intuitive combat, increased fighter customization, robust career progression, challenging new gameplay modes and explosive online offerings, UFC Undisputed 2010 is scheduled for release on May 25, 2010, while the PSP system version is scheduled for release later this year. Current UFC Heavyweight Champion Brock Lesnar will be featured on the cover of UFC Undisputed 2010. Lesnar captured the heavyweight title in 2008 from Randy Couture but hasn’t fought since 2009 due to medical reasons but is tentatively slated to return to the Octagon in 2010.
- UFC FIGHTERS AND PERSONALITIES – Navigate an unparalleled roster of more than 100 UFC fighters, each fully rendered to convey a photorealistic appearance. Prominent UFC personalities, including the commentary team of Joe Rogan and Mike Goldberg, veteran voice of the Octagon Bruce Buffer, Octagon Girls, referees, trainers and more return to showcase an authentic and memorable UFC videogame experience.
- ENHANCED COMBAT – Step into the Octagon with improved combat. A new Sway System with full upper body and head movement allows for the dodging of attacks, while on the ground, a new Posture System delivers strong, fight-ending strikes from every position. Manage Octagon control with new strikes, submissions, transitions and cage positions, as well as experience added realism with the introduction of Southpaw stance.
- FIGHTER CUSTOMIZATION – Enjoy customizable freedom with created fighters by combining move sets from numerous MMA disciplines. Choose from an array of moves from all available disciplines, including newly added Sambo, Karate and Greco-Roman Wrestling, to become a true mixed martial artist.
- EXPANSIVE ONLINE PLAY – Encourage camaraderie by forming fight camps and leagues to participate in ranking and champion tracking systems. Join forces, train like real-life UFC fighters and go online to compete against other camps in the virtual UFC world.
- CAREER MODE – An intuitive “Game Is Watching You” system tracks every action and uses this information to dictate in-game commentary, opponent intelligence and overall career progression. On the quest to reach the UFC Hall of Fame, enhance the Career Mode experience through online co-op sparring sessions with respective fight camps and form unique personalities for created fighters to increase their cred, popularity and sponsorships based on interactions during weigh-ins and interviews.
- TITLE AND TITLE DEFENSE MODES – Fight through one of UFC’s five official weight classes to earn and defend a championship belt in Title Mode. In Title Defense Mode, a fighter’s condition remains persistent, with milestone challenges built in along the way.
- TOURNAMENT MODE – Explore up to 16-player individual and team tournaments within one system. Utilize UFC fighters or created fighters and select from arcade-style play with repeated fighter appearances or experience simulation play with fighter representation limited to one appearance.