Inspired by the film “Days of Thunder”, Paramount Digital Entertainment is getting ready to wave the green flag for the octane-induced thrills in the Days of Thunder videogame for PlayStation®Network, Xbox LIVE® Arcade, PC and Mac. Days of Thunder invites gamers to enter the high-pressure world of stock car racing in this adrenaline-packed multiplayer arcade title, putting gamers up against the film’s lead characters, including Cole Trickle, Rowdy Burns and Russ Wheeler. With both single and multiplayer challenges, players race to reach the top of the leader boards and prove that “there is nothing you can’t do in a race car!” When I read this there were so many funny things that came to mind, like how this game is about 20 years too late, the actual movie came out in 1990. But upon further examination, with the “hiatus” of NASCAR from EA there is definitely a gap there and I don’t know if they can fill it but I am sure they will try and at the very least its a download title so it might be worth it to hardcore racing fans.
- Adrenaline-Packed Multiplayer – Go head-to-head with 12-player online multiplayer and race to the top of the leader boards.
- Four Single Player Modes:
- Time Trial: The ultimate high-speed challenge – Determine your starting position in future races with a time trial. Earn your place at the start line.
- Career Mode: Players race in four different circuits at varying difficulty levels.
- Derby Mode: In this unlockable mode, players who deal the most destruction without breaking down win.
- Quick Race: Put the pedal to the metal in a quick spin around the track.
- Go Head-to-Head With the Best – Watch out for Cole Trickle’s reckless, aggressive driving, Rowdy Burn’s veteran skills and Russ Wheeler’s hot head. With all designed to match the film characters, each player will need to learn to work with or against them to reach the top.
- Three Car Types Based on the Cars of the Film:
- Accelerator: Russ Wheeler’s car is the lightest, so it accelerates the fastest but is the most vulnerable to damage.
- Regulator: Neither too heavy nor too light, Cole Trickle’s car has a balance of speed, durability and acceleration.
- Intimidator: Rowdy Burns’ car is the heaviest, so its acceleration is the slowest, but its top speed is the fastest. It can also take and deliver the most damage, perfect for ‘rubbin.
- Drop the Hammer – Draft behind other cars to slingshot past other drivers or “drop the hammer”
- “And Rubbin’, Son, Is Racin’!” – Cars take on damage in real time as players rip up the track.
- Pull into the Pit for a Tune-up – The pit is all about speed – quickly punch buttons in this minigame to fill up with fuel, repair damage, and build up your hammer meter.
- SIXAXIS Support: Steer your car with motion control.
- Customize Your Ride – Your car is your car! Hundreds of color combinations enhance your car’s look and feel. Unlock logos, decals and body types. Performance upgrades let you customize your car the way you like, whether you like to speed or if you prefer to grip the asphalt around those turns. It’s your ride so you decide!
- Trophies and Achievements – Hit the tracks and win achievements and trophies to show opponents that “you can’t outrun the thunder!”
Publisher: Paramount Digital Entertainment
Developer: Piranha Games
Platforms: PlayStation® Network, Xbox LIVE® Arcade, PC and Mac
Release Date: Summer 2010