Setting a new standard in football video games, Backbreaker rushes the genre with a new playbook for hard‐hitting action. Players take control of an unmatched on‐field experience boasting realistic, physics‐based AI for an endless variety of unique sacks and tackles, making canned animations a last‐season memory. With crisp high‐definition graphics and a third‐person camera angle that follows the perspective of the ball handler, Backbreaker puts players in the heart of the game. Rookies can easily pick‐up‐and‐play thanks to Backbreaker’s intuitive Arcade Mode control scheme, while veteran players can enjoy the game’s more difficult Pro Mode that turns off AI assists.
Backbreaker also boasts online multiplayer for up to four players and split‐screen multiplayer modes. With total team
customization, players can create their own rosters and adjust their team’s colors, logos and more. Going on the offense from kickoff to end zone, Backbreaker is how football was meant to be played on next‐gen consoles. Players can hit the gridiron with Backbreaker for Xbox 360™ and PLAYSTATION®3 platforms in spring 2010.
- Break out from the Pack: Backbreaker redefines standard football games with intuitive plays, an endless variety of uniquetackles and outcomes based on actual in‐game collisions.
- Jump Straight Into Action: Backbreaker offers intuitive controls for casual sports fans intimidated by the complexities and learning curve of other football games.
- Feel the Explosive, Hard‐Hitting Tackles: Gone are the days of rigid, canned animations. NaturalMotion’s euphoria engine delivers high quality, hard‐hitting, true‐to‐life action, giving players an unparalleled experience on the gridiron.
- Look Through the One‐of‐a‐kind Camera View: Backbreaker’s camera system has been designed to complement the controls, with techniques such as shake and dynamic field‐of‐view changes that give the game its distinct ‘on‐the‐field’ feel, aiding the player by dynamically framing the action.
- Watch JumboTron‐Worthy Graphics & Instant Replay: Backbreaker uses state‐of‐the‐art animation and rendering.
Publisher: 505 Games
Platforms: Xbox 360 & PlayStation 3
ESRB Rating: T for Teen
Release Date: Q2 2010
Genre: Sports ‐ Action.