An EA SPORTS™ videogame simulation of the entire 2009–10 NBA season using NBA LIVE 10 predicts that the Cleveland Cavaliers will rebound from last year’s playoff elimination and defeat the Los Angeles Lakers in an exhilarating seven-game series during The Finals 2010. Cleveland’s LeBron James completes a legendary season by capturing both the regular season and The Finals MVP awards.
Behind James and the new addition of Shaquille O’Neal, the Cleveland Cavaliers finished with the best record in the Eastern Conference. After defeating the Miami Heat and Chicago Bulls in the NBA Playoffs, the Cavaliers tipped off against the 2009 Eastern Conference Champion, Orlando Magic, in a rematch of last year’s exciting Eastern Conference Finals.
The Los Angeles Lakers finished with the best regular season record in the NBA by tallying an impressive 63 wins. Lakers guard Kobe Bryant led his team in scoring by averaging 27.9 points per game, while teammate Pau Gasol finished as the teams best rebounder securing 10.3 rebounds per game. Los Angeles went on to defeat the Utah Jazz, Denver Nuggets and San Antonio Spurs to advance to The Finals.
Additional Results of the NBA LIVE 10 simulation include:
* Heat’s Dwyane Wade captures the league scoring title by averaging 32.5 ppg.
* Magic’s’ Dwight Howard, Lakers’ Bryant and Gasol, Heat’s Wade and the Cavaliers’ James complete the All-NBA First Team.
* Los Angeles Clippers’ Blake Griffin receives Rookie of the Year honors.
* Bulls Joakim Noah is awarded Most Improved Player Award.
* Spurs’ Greg Popovich takes home Coach of the Year honors.