That is exactly what the developers of White Knight Chronicles are saying. As you will read below, they are pulling no punches in saying that WKC “is the first true RPG for the PS3”, I won’t name them but let’s just say there are some folks that might disagree. With White Knight Chronicles fans of the RPG genre appear to be in for a treat. The guys at Level-5 definitely know what they are doing and bring tons of experience to this title. From what we have seen so far, WKC should give gamers all they want and more.
No release date yet, but we are waiting.
From the developers of the critically acclaimed Dark Cloud series and Rogue Galaxy, Level-5 once again delivers an unparalleled role-playing game experience with the introduction of the first true Role-Playing Game (RPG) on PS3, White Knight Chronicles. With its highly anticipated North American release, White Knight Chronicles provides RPG fans with visually stunning backdrops, a unique battle system, and robust online gameplay rooted in an epic adventure.
Throughout the game players will have the opportunity to explore the massive world of White Knight Chronicles, experiencing a medieval-like fantasy where the hero is able to engage in combat as the larger-than-life White Knight. Players will be able to custom create their own avatar and enter in a deep single player campaign or join a real-time online multiplayer quest with up to four others. Six different characters will be available to control in the game, each colorfully brought to life within highly detailed environments. In addition to the compelling storyline, gamers will have access to dozens of online quests, and create custom weapons and items.
Time to battle!!
White Knight Chronicles is an epic fantasy tale about two kingdoms in midst of a longstanding war. The King of Balandor, wishing to put an end to the war, invites the duke of Faria to his castle to celebrate his daughter’s coming of age. But this celebration is sabotaged by the Magi, a rogue sect seeking to steal the White Knight, an ancient weapon of war sealed beneath Balandor castle, in order to take over the world. During the ensuing chaos, a young man named Leonard accidentally unlocks the power of the White Knight as he attempts to save the princess. With this power, Leonard manages to fend off the Magi attack, but not before they escape with the princess.
With the kingdoms in chaos, Leonard is entrusted with the mission to find the Magi and rescue the princess. With the help of his trusted companions, they travel throughout Balandor and beyond on a quest to save the princess before the Magi unlock the other knights. The journey is fraught with danger, with Magi warriors at every turn, mythical beasts and monsters to battle, and forbidden powers revealed. As Leonard learns more about the power of the Knight, he realizes that unsealing all of them could trigger a calamity that could end the world.
• White Knight Transformation – During battle players can transform into the giant White Knight, gaining the ability to challenge large enemies as well as troops of soldiers throughout the adventure.
• Fully Customizable Avatar – Using a wide array of sliders and customization options, players will be able to create a unique character in White Knight Chronicles and this avatar will join the adventure in single player mode as well as online.
• Combo Battle System – Engage in an easily accessible, active turn-based battle system that caters to players of all levels. Execute straightforward attacks or utilize the fully customizable combo system to allow players to combine attacks for maximum damage.
• True Online RPG on PS3 – Experience the first true RPG action game on PS3 that incorporates a variety of online gameplay elements.
There ugly, but you have skills.
• Environments – Players will traverse through 13 stages as well as visit up to six towns/villages to visit and purchase items at shops or interact with NPCs. Stages include lush fields, open desert, vast wastelands, tunnels, and ruins.
• Multiple Playable Characters – Six playable characters are available, with up to three controllable characters on the screen at the same time.
• Ability to Build Special Weapons and Items – Combine different weapons and items to create a huge variety of weapons.
• Quests – Dozens of unique online side quests are available for players gain special items along with unique weapons and armor.
• Crystal Camera – Players are provided with a camera called the Crystal Camera and take pictures throughout the journey. Pictures can be set on the top of their GeoNet page.
• GeoNet – Players have the ability to write their own blogs and communicate with other players.
[flashvideo file=http://zoknowsgaming.com/wp-content/uploads/flv/zkgwkctrailer.flv /]